Our onsite Nurse promotes health and wellbeing within the school community. Our School Nurse works with students, staff and parents to:
- Address concerns about health and wellbeing
- Create a more supportive healthy school environment
- Connect people to other support services inside and outside of the school
The School Nurse can also provide health and wellbeing information about:
- Healthy eating or physical activity
- Healthy skin
- Personal and family problems
- Sexual health
- Smoking, alcohol and other drugs
The School Nurse office is located in the Secondary Support Services Building. Students are free to visit at lunchtime or to make an appointment.
Parents/Guardians are also welcome to speak with the School Nurse and can make an appointment via email: email@example.com or phone (07) 3437 9555.
This is a voluntary and confidential service, unless the information is required by law or there is a risk to the young person's safety. Nurses are mandatory reporters of child abuse.
Our Youth Health Nurse does not provide treatments such as medications, injections, first-aid and physical examinations.